Did you know, many shops rely on festive season sales, with those from mid-November to mid-January accounting for up to 60 per cent of annual sales?
With all these amazing sales and offers, here’s our 7 tips to get the most out of this years’ sales;
1. If you are after a specific item, especially popular items, stay up to date so you know the moment it goes on sale. If you’re shopping online, be aware that some sales will start the second the clock strikes 12.01am or even the day before!
2. Create a budget or list to help you stay in control of your spending. It’s amazing how quickly you can convince yourself that you ‘need’ something you’ve never even thought about before.
3. Avoid the huge crowds and store chaos and shop online. Not only can you recover from Christmas lunch, but it saves you the stress about parking, waiting in long queues and dealing with the overcrowded shopping center.
4. With Christmas over, it’s time to plan ahead. Think upcoming birthdays, anniversaries, Valentines, back to school necessities.
5. Ask for gift vouchers this Christmas and maximise the boxing day savings, getting the most “bang for your buck”
6. Don’t convince yourself that everything you buy is a bargain, and try to think logically. If there’s an item that you’ve been wanting for a while and it’s on sale, now is the time to get it. Remember, even a huge discount doesn’t necessarily mean something is worth the price. Stay strong and know when to walk away.
7. Check the returns policy before you buy to help you make more effective purchase decisions. If you’re not 100% sure about an item, it’s best to shop at a store with cashback returns and free postage. In case you change your mind, you can send it back for free! It can be frustrating to find out you’ll receive a store credit and the return is going to cost you $15 postage.
What will you be buying this Boxing Day?